Sunday, February 26, 2012

Windshield Mistake


I wish I could just save the amount of money I waste! I would be far better off financially.

I ordered, received and mounted an F4 +4 windshield for reasons that are known if you go to their website and read some reviews on different forums. Great optics and easy to maintain.

That said, even being a tall guy, that WS was too tall for me. I mean, it would shield both driver and passenger well from the elements, but I don't like the idea of me not having the option of not looking through the WS. With that F4, I am looking through - at the worse - 4 separate layers of plastic: my eye glasses, the integral helmet sun visor, the helmet windshield and then the bike windshield. That's just too much.

I enjoy the windshield at eye level. I slight tilt of my noggin and I'm looking over the WS. That's ideal for me. So, what to do?

I put an ad on gl1800.com website for the 0 miles F4 WS and sold it for $250 plus shipping. I paid $400 for it, and based on the response, I should have asked more, but oh well.

I could have gone with a smaller F4, but they are pricey. The reality is that I haven't kept the same bike for more than 3 years - even though I have no intention of selling this one anytime soon. I never have that intention, but........

So, I went an ordered a Clearview, grey-tinted +2 WS with vent. I have had WS's from various manufacturers, and had pretty good luck with Clearview. With this WS, I retain the adjustability of the GW WS system.

Now, here's a tip: Don't order on-line if you can - even if you see your option plainly and if it is difficult to get a response when you call (getting a hold F4 and Clearview was difficult and frustrating). Here's why: When Clearview finally called me back after a day of trying to reach them, the guy really took care of me and imparted to me a lot of information about the material they use and differences between other competitors products/materials.

He also gave me 15% off for the hassle of having to wait to hear back from them. So, I paid $234 for the new WS. Not bad. It pays to speak to somebody!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. BMW Windshield

    ReplyDelete
  2. A splendid article you shared to us. I really enjoyed reading this blog. and expected to express that I have genuinely gotten a kick out of examining your blog sections. Anyway, I'll be becoming tied up with your feed and I believe you post again soon. Tremendous an obligation of appreciation is all together for the supportive data.
    how to promote business
    SEO Expert in Delhi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see this brilliant article, You are giving a motivation, an inspiration to us. The content you published here is extremely incredible. It helped me a lot to cheer me up. Keep going on!
    Rent Lamborghini in Dubai
    Ceramic Coating
    Trending News Viral

    ReplyDelete

  4. Good work friend I read some articles that you posted in your blog. I just want to admire your blog and your work. Thanks for posting such posts here. It's incredibly helpful and creative to keep posted with new updates.
    Resort in Rishikesh

    ReplyDelete