Saturday, April 23, 2011

A New Tourer?


I am in the market for a long-distance tourer. Although I think Goldwings are the king of touring, I just can't justify the expense - especially since the wife has all but abandoned long distance touring.

Being a Honda enthusiast, I have settled on a Honda ST1300 - and have been actively shopping for a couple of months. I have sat on a used one at our local MC store and it seems to fit me well; my knees fit without bumping the faring, and with the WS extended, it more than covers my grape.

My only conceptual issue with that bike is that the faring or mirrors don't block the wind from the riders hands - a feature I am keen of. But no matter.

I have made a tentative deal with a gentlemen from Tenn. based on his Craigslist ad. *Tip - I enjoy buying from CL and avoid dealerships all together. To shop nationally on CL, go to www.allofcraigs.com - which show all the ads across the country at once. Much easier.

If all goes well, in two weeks, I shall bring the trailer down Nashville way and complete the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment